Saturday, February 14, 2009

27 things...

Since I'm turning 27, I though I'd share 27 little facts that you may or may not know about me.  Hope you enjoy reading :)

1. My birthday is on Valentine's Day.


2. Ryan and I have been together for almost 4 years now.  Little did I know that at the age of 4, I'd already met the love of my life...


3. ...my family moved to Half Moon Bay, CA when I was 4 years old - right across the street from Ryan (!).  Ryan really IS dating "the girl next door"!

4. I have a dog named Alvin.  He is amazing and by far the cutest dog you will ever meet.


5. Ryan and I had our first "date" at the San Francisco Zoo.


6. I'm a tofu-eating, soy-loving, Vegetarian.


7. My parents made my name up.  It's a combination of 2 of my German great-aunts names: Vera & Frederike.  That makes me one-of-a-kind ;)

8. I have the most amazing family and friends.

9. I am very afraid of heights.


10. I have a phobia of homeless people!

11. It's pretty probable that I could live off of French Fries and coffee.  Circa 2003, that coffee would have been replaced by Sugar-Free RedBull (terrible, I know).


12. I am very OCD about our apartment being clean and organized.  I hate clutter.

13. I think I missed my calling as an interior designer and stylist - haha.  There's still time, right?


14. Fourteen is my lucky number.


15. I have 2 brothers.  I'm the oldest, but even so, they are very protective over me :)


16. I am 1/2 German (Dad) & 1/2 Filipino (Mom).
+


17. I am a reality TV junkie.

18. Eventually I will be the next Imelda Marcos.  I think I might be half-way there in the shoe department - haha!  Love a smokin' hot pair of stilettos!!


19. I don't really move when I sleep.  I've heard it freaks people out.

20. My favorite color is PINK.


21. I heart champagne.

22. I have a love-hate relationship with my hair.

23. I work at an awesome video game company.  Ironically, before working in the video game industry, I'd never really played any video games.  Well, maybe Duck Hunt!  Haha.


24. I majored in Sociology at UCLA.  I now work in HR.  I have a thing for understanding people :)


25. I love love love traveling, especially to Europe.  So far, I've been to: England, Germany, Spain, Mexico, France, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Canada, and Denmark.


26. I am a darn good cook if I may say so myself.  (Just ask Ryan!)  Ryan and I would consider ourselves foodies.  We love a good meal!

27. I have the most amazing closet you will ever see.  My closet is organized by color, and also by clothing item (ie. pants, tank-tops, dresses, etc.).  It looks like a small clothing boutique.  My shoes are all in clear boxes with Polaroids of each pair on the front.  What can I say...I have a passion for fashion!



xoxo,
Verike

5 comments:

Tawny, Bo and Orion Aye said...

this was so fun to read! i loved all the coordinating pictures too. omg and especially your closet! you wanna come over and do orion's??? thanks for sharing! and happy birthday!!!

Em said...

oh my goodness, you are a talented woman!!!!! please come organize my shoes, pretty pretty please:-)

Tawny, Bo and Orion Aye said...

wait, where are all of ryan's clothes?! did you make him use the coat closet? hehe

Vee said...

Haha - he has a separate closet!

Brooke said...

very impressive- love the organization! too funny that ryan has his own closet. Jon used to, but then we moved and I actually had to get rid of stuff to fit him in. Sad.